Immunity is that internal human protective force that protects each of us from infectious diseases, as well as psychological discomfort. The stronger our immunity, the more confident we feel, the less chronic diseases we have, the better our mood.
By the way, the first studies in the field of the nature of immunity were carried out by Louis Pasteur, who in 1881 developed a vaccine against rabies, which was the first step towards the development of drugs to increase the strength of the body. However, our great-grandmothers, even without special sciences, knew for a long time how to strengthen the immune system, and therefore introduced special herbs into their diet, but more on that later.
Lack of sunlight vitamins and minerals, increasing the number allergens as well as reduced activity, malnutrition and polluted environment – all this leads to a decrease in immunity. As a result, chronic fatigue, frequent headaches, and various diseases appear.
In addition, there may be an exacerbation of herpes, swollen lymph nodes, problems with the spleen, joint pain. A person, like a magnet, begins to attract viruses, appear dermatitis, gynecological diseases, relapses appear.
Such conditions can be, if not prevented, then at least weakened, and for this you need to strengthen the immune system. And you need to do this constantly and systematically.
At the heart of strengthening immunity is the system
You can support immunity in the spring only if you take a comprehensive approach to this issue. So, you need to start the morning with a contrast shower, do a little exercise, and then move more during the day. Even if you have a sedentary job, it is worth setting aside fifteen minutes to walk and stretch. And during the warm-ups, you can do breathing exercises.
And you can arrange half an hour of relaxation right at the workplace. To do this, in your purse should be a small vial with your favorite essential oil, which not only calms the nerves, but also kills germs. It can be oil of wormwood, lavender, cedar.
Try to walk more. Now the days have already become longer, so that it is possible to return home through the park.
And at home, you should treat yourself to a foam or salt bath, as well as a cup of delicious tea or cocoa (by the way, cocoa beans are simply created in order to protect the immune system, they have so many useful substances, and milk is an additional source of calcium). If you do not like cocoa, then you can prepare one of the infusions, which we will talk about a little later.
And don’t forget to go to bed on time. The immune system cannot function without rest.
Spring is not the time for mono-diets. The diet at this time should be varied. This is necessary in order to compensate for the lack of vitamins and minerals in the body.
Antioxidants are essential for the immune system to function properly. These are vitamins C, A and E, which can be obtained by including citrus fruits, liver, carrots, and vegetable oils in your menu. Flavonoids are responsible for neutralizing free radicals, so it is useful to eat legumes, walnuts, and tomatoes rich in these substances.
The lack of minerals can also be replenished through a proper diet. Pay attention to green fruits and vegetables. For example, you can get the necessary minerals by including lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, asparagus in the menu.
In the case of micronutrient deficiencies, good helpers are meat, eggs, cereals – containing zinc; liver, seafood, cereals – rich in selenium. These trace elements contribute to the restoration of strength, allow you to prolong youth and maintain healthy immunity.
But in the pharmacy you will be offered immunomodulators. However, they should be prescribed by a doctor after diagnosing your general condition. And if you still decide to strengthen immunity in the spring through immunomodulators, then include ginseng, echinacea, rose hips, Chinese magnolia vine in your diet.
Despite the abundance of synthetic medicines, traditional medicine does not lose its popularity. After all, the effectiveness of wise advice on the use of plants rich in active elements has been tested and proven by time. In addition, these recipes are often very tasty.
Examples of recipes for giving strength to a weakened immune system:
- It will take 1 tsp. lime blossom, chamomile flowers and rose hips. All pour a glass of boiling water. Infuse for about 15-20 minutes, then squeeze and strain the resulting mass. Drink a third cup of the resulting broth before meals.
- Finely chop the raspberry branches – the result should be 1-2 tablespoons of chopped substance. Pour into hot water (200 – 250 ml.) And boil for 8-10 minutes, then close the lid and let it brew for at least 2 hours. This oriental recipe will help in the fight against flu and respiratory infections. You need to drink a decoction during the day every hour for 1-2 sips.
- If the first signs of a cold appear, the following recipe will help not get sick: you need to chop pitted raisins, walnuts, dried apricots. Take all the ingredients in equal proportions – 1 tbsp. spoon. Mix thoroughly and the mixture is ready. You need to take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day.
- Recipe for a decoction of wheat or rye bran: 1 tbsp. Spoon pour two glasses of water and boil for 30 minutes. Adding honey to the decoction will help improve the taste. Take warm 3 times a day for 50 g.
- To prepare rosehip tea, you need to grind 2 tbsp. tablespoons of dry fruits, pour two glasses of water and boil for 15 minutes over low heat. The decoction should be infused for at least 10 – 12 hours. Cahors or honey can be added to the finished tea to taste.
It will strengthen the immune system, relieve the symptoms of a cold, relieve headaches and aching joints, the next interesting recipe is a vitamin bath. First you need to prepare a decoction. For this, twigs, leaves or dry fruits of raspberries, sea buckthorn, lingonberries, mountain ash, currants, rose hips are used. The presence of all the ingredients is not necessary: you can use only those that are. Pour boiling water over the mixture.
The preparation of the decoction will take only 5-10 minutes – so much will be needed for insisting. It remains to add it to the bath. The procedure for taking a restorative bath lasts 10-15 minutes.
And finally, perhaps the most delicious recipe that support immunity, and also protect the nervous and cardiac systems: pass a lemon with a peel, a few leaves of aloe, a handful of raisins, a handful of dried apricots, a handful of prunes and half a glass of nuts through a meat grinder, add a few tablespoons of honey to this mixture – and now a healthy delicacy is ready.
Eat it every day for 2-3 teaspoons better before meals. By the way, this delicacy will also help lose weight. So bon appetit and strong immunity.