Healthy eating has been talked about a lot lately and often – in newspapers, magazines, from TV screens. And we already, in general, do not mind eating right and for the benefit of the body. “In a healthy body healthy mind!” – we agree, carefully chewing freshly prepared healthy food. We are even thoughtfully planning the next unloading day, when suddenly the phone rings:
_- Nataliya! My sun! Long time no see!
- Sonya! Are you?
- I AM! Well, I must have known! You don’t call, you don’t write, you completely forgot us. And by the way, my birthday is on Saturday!
- Congratulations! I’m embarrassed that I didn’t remember.
- So don’t turn away! We look forward to visiting tomorrow. By six. Forgot the address?
- Of course I remember!
- Well, nice. I got an amazing walnut cake recipe! Oh Nat, how I missed you! Okay, all right, kisses. We wait! -_ short beeps.
We lower the receiver on the lever and immediately begin hasty preparations for visiting. What to gift? What to wear? Pleasant chores… We remember the stewed duck with prunes and the signature shrimp salad that Sonya cooked for her last birthday. I wonder what they’ll come up with this time? Sonia’s cooking is amazing!
And then a sensible thought comes to mind: “Of course, it’s nice to visit, but how to combine sitting at the festive table and healthy eating?” After all, you don’t feel like crawling out from the table, sighing and clutching your stomach, overfed and lethargic. Oh those feasts!
How to be? How not to overeat, but also not to refuse a delicious treat, referring to the non-existent French diet? It turns out that this is quite possible if you follow
FOOD AND DRINK RULES AT GUESTS
one. It is advisable to pay close attention to dishes that are well digested. These are salads and other raw dishes prepared in compliance with the principle of food compatibility, as well as dishes, the cooking method of which will ensure faster digestion (boiled, steamed, pre-chopped, chops).
Dishes that are better not to eat because of their long digestion: fried and fatty, pickles, sauerkraut, marinades, smoked products. Do not start the meal with fatty foods, as fats inhibit the secretion of gastric juice, while slowing down the process of digestion of food.
2. Try to choose dishes that are familiar to you. Exotic foods may not be accepted by your body properly, and you still have to return home. Experimenting with unfamiliar foods is best done at home or in a setting that allows you to solve unexpected problems with your stomach. If you still want to try a new, unfamiliar product, it would be good to do this after eating a familiar dish, such as a raw vegetable salad. Raw vegetables will help digest unfamiliar food. And fiber, pectins and phytoncides will have an antitoxic and disinfecting effect if an unfamiliar product turns out to be unsuitable for your stomach. It is advisable to use a new product in small quantities, no matter how tasty it may seem to you during tasting.
3. After the first toast, you proceed to the meal. Where to start? Of course, with raw salads! They are easy to digest, rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes, which are useful for digesting the dishes that follow the salad.
4. How many different foods can you eat? Less is better! With a small variety of dishes, food is digested better, in a shorter time, better absorbed and leaves less waste.. A smaller variety of dishes will allow you to get full faster and reduce the likelihood of overeating. The smaller the variety of dishes consumed, the less likely the wrong combination of products, which, of course, will have a positive effect on your health.
If you want to try all or almost all the dishes prepared by hospitable hosts, then try to put a little bit of each new dish on your plate. At the same time, at least half of the plate should be filled with a salad of raw vegetables.
five. In the first half hour of the feast, eat as slowly as possible, even if you came to visit hungry as a wolf. The first sensations from the food eaten will begin to appear 20-30 minutes after the start of the meal, when the assimilation of the first portion of food begins. Therefore, it will be very useful to pay attention to a neighbor, hostess, guests.
6. So, you have tried all the desired snacks and get ready to enjoy hot dishes. If you were prudent and filled your stomach 1/4 or 1/3, and mostly raw food snacks, then you have nothing to worry about. If you pounced on snacks, forgetting about everything in the world, and woke up only when you felt that you couldn’t eat anymore, then be especially attentive to your inner feelings so as not to overdo it.
The traditional hot dish is meat and a side dish, which, as a rule, do not combine with each other (meat and potatoes). How to be? For those who have been circumspect, the advice is simple: put one thing on your plate – either meat or a side dish. If the hostess really asks to try both, you can eat a little of everything or one more, the other less. It is recommended to give preference to a non-meat dish, otherwise it will be difficult to avoid overloading the body. Remember that meat dishes are digested for more than 4 hours, and in an hour tea with sweets will surely appear on the table, and then you may have a contradiction between the capabilities of the body and your relationship with a good hostess.
How to eat a hot meal? If before that you “clicked” on salads, you can start with a meat dish, which, entering the stomach, enters an environment favorable for digestion. If there is still salad left on the plate or on the table, then a new portion of salad with meat will pass “like clockwork”. With this use, you will retain lightness and freshness, without signs of heaviness and discomfort in the stomach. But what about the garnish? Garnish can be eaten after meat, but it is better to take a short break. And still It is preferable to use either meat or a side dish!
What about a guest who conscientiously tasted all the snacks, but there is no longer enough space for a hot dish? Tip: let the distinguished guest propose a toast to the hospitable hosts. A glass of wine (of course, unsweetened) or two will allow you to shift the contents of the stomach towards the intestines, and after 10-15 minutes a “second wind” in food may occur.
7. In order for food to be digested more actively, take periodic breaks. It is even better if these breaks are filled with dances and other outdoor activities. Keep the conversation active. Vibrations from the voice and a straight posture (not falling apart) will ensure a good digestion of all those delicious dishes that you have already tried.
one. It will be better if you choose only one alcoholic drink for yourself (for example, dry, semi-dry, fortified or vodka wine). Try not to mix different types of invigorating drinks (wine with vodka, champagne with cognac, etc.), otherwise you are guaranteed a morning headache. You can taste several varieties of wines or vodkas.
2. With a plentiful feast, try do not drink semi-sweet and sweet drinksto avoid their subsequent fermentation in the stomach. It is better to drink food with mineral water, juice or other drink, but unsweetened. Lemonades and similar carbonated drinks in a feast are undesirable. They irritate the stomach lining and are high in sugar. Beer with a hearty meal is also out of place, it is a fermenting drink.
3. If alcohol flows like water, but you don’t want to get very drunk (besides, you have to work tomorrow), then you can recommend the following:
snack on a high-calorie product, such as fatty, because fats, slowing down digestion, also slow down the absorption of alcohol into the blood;
the use of butter during a feast or before it also slows down the absorption and entry of alcohol into the blood, due to its enveloping properties;
against intoxication, washing down with liquid and a plentiful snack helps well, as this reduces the concentration of alcohol;
you can eat pickles, for example, pickled cucumber or sauerkraut. Salt, getting into the blood, attracts water, which dilutes the concentration of alcohol in the blood. Pickles act somewhat weaker against intoxication than fatty foods, and after a longer interval of time;
you can take measures in advance: come to visit not on an empty stomach or, before an active feast, hold a small “tasting” of the hostess’s creations.
if you are afraid of the consequences of a glass of champagne, then a piece of chocolate or cake will help to cope with the degrees of this fizzy drink.
4. Onions have long been used to prevent and relieve alcohol intoxication. From the literature, a remedy for vomiting and for sobering up when intoxicated is known – a decoction of dried raspberries or its canned fruits. Strong tea or coffee helps, especially when combined with a walk in the fresh air.
These simple rules will help you cope with a plentiful treat without unpleasant consequences and appreciate the culinary skills of the hostess.
_- Congratulations, Sonechka! – I smile, handing over gifts and sniffing at the appetizing smells emanating from the festively laid table.
- You are an incomparable hostess, – I admire, putting my favorite shrimp salad on a plate._
TRUTH AND MYTHS ABOUT ALCOHOL
MOST POPULAR DISEASE
EAT, DRINK AND BE SEXY
NOT FOR DRINKING FOR THE SAKE OF HEALTH