What is dangerous periodontitis and how to treat it

Health Tips

Periodontitis is an inflammation of the periodontium. The periodontium is a complex of tissues that surround and hold the tooth. Its components are gums, cementum (tissue that covers the tooth), periodontium (ligament) and bone. In 70% of cases, periodontal disease is caused by poor oral hygiene. The remaining 30% are overhanging edges of the filling, malocclusion, genetics. An additional risk factor for periodontitis is diabetes mellitus. This is a systemic disease, which is manifested by malnutrition of tissues (angiopathy), and the gum is one of the most vascularized tissues, which, accordingly, suffers from diabetes.

If you have at least one of the following symptoms, then you have a good reason to see a dentist:

  • Bleeding gums
  • Tooth mobility
  • Bad breath
  • Dental stones

one from 3

PreviousStages of periodontal disease
Stages of periodontal disease

Rate article
( No ratings yet )
goodshapetips.com
Add a comment